Posts Tagged astronomy
Take a step back and organise yourself accordingly.
See it live…. from The Weather Channel
Image courtesy of http://www.sciencealert.com
The Astro Stuff:
The direction your life takes/ the areas you know least about… The North Node (of the elliptic path travelled by the Moon around Earth) moves into Leo at around 14:28 BST today.
The influence of your childhood and past life experiences… The South Node thus moves into Leo’s opposite sign, Aquarius. They will travel through these respective signs until 6 Nov 2018.
Image from http://www.southastrodel.com
Love, beauty, money and your human values…Today, specifically, the North Node’s transition is influenced by the inconjunct (150°) Venus at 0° Aries. ‘Inconjunct’ can be an uncomfortable or quizzical influence.
Healing, wounding, the healer, the wounded… Chiron, the centaur, who heals all but himself, is also considered inconjunct at 27° Pisces, whereas…
Focus, consolidation, reduction, organisation, boundaries, truth, time and karma… Saturn provides a sympathetic (not a word usually associated with Saturn) perspective as it trines (60 deg) the North Node at 27° Sagittarius, which is also where we find…
Treasures of knowledge in the cosmic mind… The Galactic Centre: the point around which our whole galaxy, The Milky Way, turns. It was discovered in Feb 1974, fittingly with the North Node at 27° Sagittarius and Saturn at the South Node.
Mother Earth, Gaia, nurturing and caring through death, transformation as well as (re)birth The goddess Ceres, at 29deg Taurus, squares (90deg) with the North Node. Lastly…
Untainted feminine energy, dutiful, strong and unyielding to no man… The goddess, Vesta, inconjuncts the South Node at 28 deg Cancer
What Might All This Mean?
- The North Node stepping into Leo heralds the opportunity to change your direction in life; specifically, in how you shine to influence those around you. But to begin with, it won’t be without its challenges. In the next few days, it will be better to account, especially in close relationships: where you are, how you got here before deciding where you want to be. Wait until Venus moves on, around mid-May before taking action. With Mercury in retrograde, this is a time to review, reflect, restart, renegotiate BUT not start anything new!
- Inconjunct Venus asks you to question your values around love and money and adhere to your basic human values. Can you have all? If so how? What might you change?
- The South Node in Aquarius asks you step back, detach yourself, and account for the patterns in your childhood (you attracted) which help and hinder you. Who were the greatest influencers in your childhood? (All influence operates in a bandwidth.) How has each influencer helped you? How has each influence hold you back?
- If you were to know, ask yourself the same of past-life karmic inheritances.
- You’re seeking answers to your future, you’re accounting for where you are, from the past. It may well be quizzical. If so, at least acknowledge that which you don’t know. Knowing you don’t know is a major milestone in finding out.
- This can be a time for healing. But for this to occur, acknowledge how you first attracted the wound to be healed. (I call this “sensitive accounting”.) Account for how you did this without blame to those who wounded you. OR are you the wounder? If so, focus on how you can become the healer.
- Before starting anything new, focus on what needs to end and transform, to enable this.
- Be thorough, organise your ‘personal account’ with yourself: where you are, how you attracted people and events that influenced how you got here and then meditate and contemplate where you want to be. Notice the barriers and step beyond them in your imagination to begin with. Saturn will help you and maybe, just maybe, in doing so you will unearth some cosmic learning on how to move on.
“The Lodges all shall know that I am he
Who searches loins and hearts, to oversee
All works creative, and all works that find
Treasures of knowledge in the cosmic mind;
And I shall give to each his rightful share
Of knowledge, weighing all his works with care.”
From The Message to the Hierarchy of Helios, The Restored New Testament : The Hellenic Fragments…, by James R Bryce
TO SUMMARISE… Spend a week accounting for all the answers you come up with. Reflect on the answers without apportioning blame, neither on others nor yourself. Contemplate how you want to (shine) appear to others. As we move into the latter part of May, take action – one step at a time.
One love, stay cool
Paul C Burr
Facebook: Beowulf (>14,000 followers)
Aries, the hot head of the signs ruled by Mars, hosts the moon goddess, Selena, in her full glory, in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. Not only that, Selena is at her most powerful, bestowing influence from her closest proximity in her eliptic path around the earth.
Passions may well run high tonight, especially if you have your natal sun, moon or rising sign in Aries. The lust-re of Selena will reach its zenith. Tonight is a night for hot love, hot lust but beware you avoid making it a night for blood-lust, metaphorically and literally speaking.
Those of you who have Mars in a prominent position in your birth chart, may well experience his power. Those around you will be subject to this power. Be careful that you avoid falling foul of your false-ego’s lust for martian power. Over exertion will go beyond the outcome you seek – and cause harm.
Reflect over the last six months, since March. Which situations or relationships have arisen to make you angry, resentful, hurt or wounded. Whom do you blame or still carry a grudge toward? Now, at the time of the harvest moon, is time to let these feelings fall to earth. Cast them aside and reap the harvest within.
The Blood Moon specifically facilitates the opportunity to look within and seek the nature of the fear that attracted these situations and relationships. For that is their purpose, to awaken you to the fear (not-love) within.
This is the nature of duality. We know something is wet because its not dry. We know something is oblong because its not curved. We know love by knowing not-love.
And when we see through the murkiness of our fear, we see the light, the love, within. We see more of our true nature. We take a step closer to our purpose in life.
Selena’s gift, from her Blood Super Moon’s station, awaits.
Paul C Burr
Facebook: Beowulf (>15,000 followers)
Posted by Doctapaul in Affirmations, Astrology, Astronomy, Blog All, Coaching, Fun and Laughs, Healing, Life's Changes, Love, Mindfulness, Myths, Personal, Pitfalls I've Fallen Into, Quirky Ideas, Relationships, Self Development, Self Help, Soundbytes of Wisdom, Tip for the Day, Training & Development, Visions and Dreams on July 31, 2015
Take a big step back a look at the structure of, and emotions in, your life.
How have you developed over the last two weeks?
How have you developed over since January, this year?
Include yourself, in mind, body and spirit….
Emotionally, where or with whom have you received (a balance with) what you give?
Where are you giving too much? Do you do so out of duty, fear or love?
Where are you receiving more than you give? Do you do so out of pleasure or fear?
Take another step back. Look at the big picture in your life. Consider the consequences of your fears. This is a good time (When is it not?) to switch out all the decisions you are making in life out of fear.
Ask Billie Holiday! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LOB_I7sgoI
Paul C Burr
Facebook: Beowulf (>15,000 followers)
“After midnight, we’re gonna let it all hang out…”
The Perseids: this shower of “shooting stars” does not peak until 12 August, activity is already underway. And it is a great year to observe the Perseids because moonlight will not interfere to drown them out.
As with all meteor showers, the meteors are produced when the Earth ploughs through a stream of dust left by a comet orbiting the Sun and they flare in our atmosphere.
They are called Perseids because, if you trace their streaks backwards, they appear to radiate from a point in the constellation of Perseus. This is an effect of perspective, like straight rail tracks converging to a distant point, and in fact the meteors are travelling on parallel paths.
The comet responsible for the Perseids was Swift-Tuttle. The dust particles in space, called meteoroids, and about the size of grains of sand, are now spread right along the swarm’s orbit. This means we see Perseids every August. They are a reliable shower, always rich in activity, although the numbers vary according to how dense the orbiting stream is at the point where we intersect.
The stream is broad too, with the first Perseids appearing in our skies in late July and the final stragglers falling well into the second half of August.
Where to look? The whole sky. The shooting stars will seem to come from the constellation Perseus, in the northeastern sky. But they may appear anywhere as quick streaks of light.
Where not to look? Do not look at the moon or anything bright. Your eyes need to get used to the dark. The full moon will cut down the number of meteors likely to be seen see. By dawn the moon will be low in the western sky so look east.
Where should I go? Anywhere dark with a nice expanse of open sky. Leave the cities if you can.
When to watch? Meteor showers are best after always best after midnight but because of the full moon it’s best to try the hour or two before dawn.