The Lunar Eclipse reaches its zenith at precisely 9:35:18am here in Hove, East Sussex, UK.
You can check out its effect and timing where you are by linking to http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/
The transit takes place at 29 degrees, Pisces, the most fantastical of the signs. Pisces brings us both the dreams of the cosmos (truth) and the world of illusion. Neptune, ruler of Pisces, now swims in its vast waters and will continue his journey through Pisces’ constellation for another eleven years. See Neptune Plunges into Pisces, 2012-2026 .
The Pisces/Neptune effect will thus be at its strongest. Furthermore the transit occurs in the last degree of Pisces which is a fractal of all the power and influence of the whole constellation.
The eclipse also precedes the Spring Equinox, the time to break through the surface to the light of summer which can only succeed when the seeds of our actions are rooted in truth.
Another biggy in the sky is Uranus (in Aries) squaring up with Pluto (in Sagittarius). The result is a huge tension between the revolutionary Uranus and the god of the underworld (death and transformation). So if you’ve been feeling the need for some radical change within recently – it’s probably down to Uranus and Pluto making their weight felt.
In summation, this solar eclipse could be far more powerful than we realise – and it heralds a time for change – global and personal. Discernment – between what is (true) and what is not (illusory) – is key.
The magicians of old spoke of the circle (the eternal body) within the square (the physical body). We live in the mother matrix (square) of this earthly realm, within which we find the eternal circle of life and death.
During the eclipse, the eternal circle of the sun is broken and interrupted for a couple of hours by the intervening moon. We lose a part of our connection, temporarily, with the eternal but we can use this opportunity to think and act practically; to change that which is rooted in not-truth (illusion) to truth.
Here’s a wee exercise to complete during the two hour window of opportunity that the solar eclipse brings you. Write down the answers to these questions by hand on notepaper to keep with you over the coming months.
- What are all the things that you are doing right now that you feel not-good about after you’ve done them?
- What is the logic behind why you do these things? What are the consequences of continuing these actions (or thoughts) in the short, medium and long term?
- How do you feel shortly after you’ve been doing these things? List down all the not-good feelings.
- How would you prefer to feel instead? List all the good feelings.
- What would you be doing differently that would engender these good feelings?
- What would be the consequences of doing these different things that would bring you good feelings?
- So what is that you commit to stop doing and what do you commit to doing differently instead?
- Will you start on or before the Spring Equinox? If your answer is “yes”, do it.
Switch from doing those things that make you feel not-good to things that make you feel good.
Paul C Burr
Business/Personal Performance Coach & Author Facebook: Beowulf (>15,000 followers) Follow @paulburr