Posts Tagged Saturn
The Astro Stuff:
The direction your life takes/ the areas you know least about… The North Node (of the elliptic path travelled by the Moon around Earth) moves into Leo at around 14:28 BST today.
The influence of your childhood and past life experiences… The South Node thus moves into Leo’s opposite sign, Aquarius. They will travel through these respective signs until 6 Nov 2018.
Image from http://www.southastrodel.com
Love, beauty, money and your human values…Today, specifically, the North Node’s transition is influenced by the inconjunct (150°) Venus at 0° Aries. ‘Inconjunct’ can be an uncomfortable or quizzical influence.
Healing, wounding, the healer, the wounded… Chiron, the centaur, who heals all but himself, is also considered inconjunct at 27° Pisces, whereas…
Focus, consolidation, reduction, organisation, boundaries, truth, time and karma… Saturn provides a sympathetic (not a word usually associated with Saturn) perspective as it trines (60 deg) the North Node at 27° Sagittarius, which is also where we find…
Treasures of knowledge in the cosmic mind… The Galactic Centre: the point around which our whole galaxy, The Milky Way, turns. It was discovered in Feb 1974, fittingly with the North Node at 27° Sagittarius and Saturn at the South Node.
Mother Earth, Gaia, nurturing and caring through death, transformation as well as (re)birth The goddess Ceres, at 29deg Taurus, squares (90deg) with the North Node. Lastly…
Untainted feminine energy, dutiful, strong and unyielding to no man… The goddess, Vesta, inconjuncts the South Node at 28 deg Cancer
What Might All This Mean?
- The North Node stepping into Leo heralds the opportunity to change your direction in life; specifically, in how you shine to influence those around you. But to begin with, it won’t be without its challenges. In the next few days, it will be better to account, especially in close relationships: where you are, how you got here before deciding where you want to be. Wait until Venus moves on, around mid-May before taking action. With Mercury in retrograde, this is a time to review, reflect, restart, renegotiate BUT not start anything new!
- Inconjunct Venus asks you to question your values around love and money and adhere to your basic human values. Can you have all? If so how? What might you change?
- The South Node in Aquarius asks you step back, detach yourself, and account for the patterns in your childhood (you attracted) which help and hinder you. Who were the greatest influencers in your childhood? (All influence operates in a bandwidth.) How has each influencer helped you? How has each influence hold you back?
- If you were to know, ask yourself the same of past-life karmic inheritances.
- You’re seeking answers to your future, you’re accounting for where you are, from the past. It may well be quizzical. If so, at least acknowledge that which you don’t know. Knowing you don’t know is a major milestone in finding out.
- This can be a time for healing. But for this to occur, acknowledge how you first attracted the wound to be healed. (I call this “sensitive accounting”.) Account for how you did this without blame to those who wounded you. OR are you the wounder? If so, focus on how you can become the healer.
- Before starting anything new, focus on what needs to end and transform, to enable this.
- Be thorough, organise your ‘personal account’ with yourself: where you are, how you attracted people and events that influenced how you got here and then meditate and contemplate where you want to be. Notice the barriers and step beyond them in your imagination to begin with. Saturn will help you and maybe, just maybe, in doing so you will unearth some cosmic learning on how to move on.
“The Lodges all shall know that I am he
Who searches loins and hearts, to oversee
All works creative, and all works that find
Treasures of knowledge in the cosmic mind;
And I shall give to each his rightful share
Of knowledge, weighing all his works with care.”
From The Message to the Hierarchy of Helios, The Restored New Testament : The Hellenic Fragments…, by James R Bryce
TO SUMMARISE… Spend a week accounting for all the answers you come up with. Reflect on the answers without apportioning blame, neither on others nor yourself. Contemplate how you want to (shine) appear to others. As we move into the latter part of May, take action – one step at a time.
One love, stay cool
Paul C Burr
Facebook: Beowulf (>14,000 followers)
The sun activates a powerful full moon today – so beware.
Today at 7.08am BST at its fullest. Not to be confused with with a pink/red/blood moon caused by a lunar eclipse.
According to the Old Farmer’s Almanac, the April full moon is known as the Pink Moon because it marked the appearance of a flower called the moss pink, or phlox. That’s likely a Native American tradition because phlox is common in North America and Siberia, as opposed to Europe. It is also called the Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon and the Fish Moon.
The Astro Positions
Sun in Aries – the most assertive and aggressive signs, ruled by Mars, the god of war.
Moon in Libra – the sign of relationships and seeking harmony through balanced judgement.
The Sun conjuncts (less than 2 degrees) Eris, the goddess of discord, who magnifies emotional strife, where it’s needed. (Note: she brings the emotion, not the action or reaction to said strife.)
The Sun also conjuncts Uranus (less than 3 degrees), the Che Guevara planet, the god of revolution and unexpected upheaval.
(Note: The recent tragedies in the Middle East coincided with Sun starting to apply its energies to Eris and Uranus.)
Pluto, at 19 degrees in Capricorn, squares up (mid-point) with the Sun and Moon. Pluto is the god of the underworld: symbolic of death, transformation and rebirth or resurrection.
AND the Moon conjuncts Jupiter; the god of growth: knowledge, mentally, physically, materially, spiritually and in this instance, EMOTIONALLY.
AND the Venus (the goddess of love, beauty and money) in fiery Aries squares up with Saturn (the god of Karma, organisation, boundaries, focus and consolidation) – a tense angle.
ADDED TO WHICH: Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Saturn and (as of yesterday) Mercury are all in retrograde – giving the illusion of going backwards along their orbital path. All encouraging us to retrace and review past steps in our lives.
Indeed, a full moon is a time to RE-flect.
What might you infer from all this…
This is not a good time to start anything new (e.g. a relationship, contract, project and certainly a war – for which there’s never a good time.) Beware of the fractious energies that can be activated by Mars, Eris, Saturn and Pluto. Not forgetting the Sun is in Aries!
The emotional Moon may well be ‘magnified’ by Jupiter. Emotions may run higher: joy becomes ecstasy, warm becomes hot, becomes scorching AND/OR anger turns into rage.
Libra asks you to consider each significant relationship in your life – especially the one you have with yourself. Where is there balance and harmony? Where is there strife? What results as consequence of this strife?
THIS IS a good time to reflect and bring unhelpful habits, patterns and anything (that decreases the relationship’s life force) to an end. If you’re thus suffering internally, give these unhelpful habits zero energy. Instead – acknowledge you’re feelings of strife for what they are and practice persistent patience to allow your (emotional) body to heal itself.
Quick Tool to Deal with Strife: If you feel strong enough…. Every time you feel this strife, imagine putting in a bubble. Then imagine its opposite, serenity, and put that in the bubble too. Give the bubble a good shake and shine light from the base of your spine, up through your backbone, around the back of the skull and out through your Third Eye (like a shepherd’s crook) into the bubble. Shine this light to the count of four on each outbreath, seventeen times.
Overall, this particular Full Moon advises you reflect, reconsider, review and possibly renegotiate over the strife in your relationships. Practice persistent patience. Avoid allowing anger, shame, hurt or fear to control your actions.
I am personally going to wait until at least Mercury passes through its retrograde phase and gets back to where it is now before I start anything major anew.
On a worldwide (aka mundane) scale, this is a time for Messrs Trump and Putin to retrace their steps and renegotiate a lasting peace in the Middle East, indeed worldwide. It is also a bad time for war to kick off (as said earlier, there’s never a good time) as this would be a particularly devastating war for both humanity and the Earth.
One love, stay cool
Paul C Burr
Facebook: Beowulf (>14,000 followers)